WooCommerce is a popular open source eCommerce plugin for WordPress. Providng an easy set of options to integrate a shopping experience directly into a WordPress site. ShipHero makes it easy to add your WooCommerce Store.
ShipHero provides a number of store connection options, and we keep adding more. We’re very happy to add WooCommerce to the available store connections options, and we’ve made the process easy.
Step 1: Your Connected Stores
ShipHero allows you to connect multiple stores across various platforms such as Shopify, Amazon, eBay, Walmart etc.
So let’s start by viewing your connected stores.
- Make sure you’re logged into your ShipHero web dashboard.
- Once logged in, using the top navigation bar, click on “My Account” and in the menu, click “Stores.”
- Now you’re in your “Connected Stores” view.
Step 2: Optional. Customizing Your WooCommerce API Custom Fields
Since WooCommerce is an open-source platform, there are a few things for developers to know. ShipHero uses the legacy v2 API, you can define the fields you want to use in the API using WooCommerce Custom Fields. While the additional fields are not required, you have the option if you want to implement.
These fields include:
- Products Endpoint: Add field “barcode”.
- Orders Endpoint, on line item, you can specify an array within “meta”. This array should have “label” and “value” fields. ShipHero will append label: string to the options that show to be shipped for that line item.
- Orders Endpoint: You can specify “note” and that will be used as both the customer note and packer note.
- If you’re using the ShipHero Multi-Warehouse, you do have the option of specifying a WareHouse for each order. We recommend you don’t use this option as ShipHero handles order routing., however, if you do, then using the Orders Endpoint: Specify “warehouse_id”. If the “warehouse_id” is invalid or doesn’t match one of your specified Warehouse IDs, then it will be ignored.
Step 3: Adding Your WooCommerce Store
Now that you have loaded your “Connected Stores” view, you’re ready to connect your WooCommerce Store to ShipHero.
- Click the “Add a New Store” button, you will see a list of available store platforms you can connect with using ShipHero.
- Select “WooCommerce”.
- Follow the instructions displayed on the screen.
Step 4: Connect Your WooCommerce Store
Now that you followed the steps, all thats left is to press the “Connect” button.
You should now see your WooCommerce Store in your Store Connections list. Now ShipHero will proceed to fetch existing products in your WooCommerce Store – depending on how many products there are, this may take up-to 20 minutes to complete.