How to Generate your FedEx Meter Number
Tip: This typically takes about 5 minutes to complete.
- Go to http://fedex.com/us/developer
- Sign in using your FedEx account credentials
- Using the left menu bar, tap FedEx Web Services then tap Move to Production
- Scroll down the page and tap the button that says Get Production Key
- Enter the required information in the FedEx registration form (see tips on answers below)
- Once you have completed the final step, you will be presented with your Meter Number.
- Use this meter number in your FedEx Carrier connection.
Some of the questions are aimed at developers specifically, these are the typical answers required:
- Q. Do you intend to resell your software? Answer No
- Q. Please check the box next to each type of FedEx web services you intend to use in your integration solution. Answer FedEx Web Services for Shipping (includes Rate, Track, etc.)
- Q. Please indicate whether you are developing your FedEx integration solution as a Corporate Developer or as a Consultant. Answer Corporate Developer
Not started using ShipHero yet? You can go ahead and get started now.
If you just want to learn more about how ShipHero may be able to help solve your challenges, you can schedule a free call with our solutions team.