In this article
- Step 1: Order any required devices
- Step 2: Configure your basic administrative settings
- Step 3: Connect your sales channels
- Step 4: Setup your shipping options
- Step 5: Setup your printers & scales
- Step 6: Download mobile apps
- Step 7: Setup automation rules
Step 1: Order any required devices
Depending on how you want to run your operations, you may need to purchase some devices. You can start using ShipHero without any devices, however, now is a good time to figure out what you will need.
The typical devices you will need:
- Computer to connect any printers and scales
- Laser Printer for printing invoices and manifests.
- Thermal Printer for printing shipping labels and bar codes. You can use your laser printer for labels. A thermal printer is strongly recommended.
- USB Scale for weighing products. You can use pre-determined weights if you don't want to use a scale.
- USB Barcode Scanner for desktop picking and packing.
- Socket Mobile Bluetooth Scanner for any mobile devices.
- Mobile device for picking and packing.
Tip: ShipHero provides everything you will need to create and use bar codes, and while using bar codes is not required, they are strongly recommended to help reduce mistakes and speed up your warehouse.
Step 2: Configure your basic administrative settings
Now that you have a basic plan as far as devices you will be using, it's time to set some of the settings that will configure ShipHero to work for your requirements.
- General Preferences allow you to control a number of useful features that impact how orders are handled.
- Emails and Notifications will provide helpful automated messages to you and your operations team when certain events occur.
- Invoice Settings give you the ability to customize the address, logo and what is included on the invoices you print.
- Add User Accounts so that each member of your team will be able to login with a unique account so that all permissions and settings are secure while helping you track each individual users activity.
Tip: If you don't want your users to access all features of ShipHero, you can manage permissions by creating and configuring user groups.
Learn how to Setup User Permissions.
Step 3: Connect your sales channels
If you have one or more sales channels that you want to connect, now is the time to do it. When you connect a sales channel, ShipHero will pull products and orders.
ShipHero Syncs Inventory Across Your Sales Channels
ShipHero acts as the master of inventory across all of your sales channels, making sure that any SKUs sold across your channels are tracked as orders are fulfilled. Don't worry about any inventory being affected in your sales channels when you're getting started, ShipHero will not change any inventory levels in your sales channel until you enable that option.
Using the API to Manage and Create Orders and Products
ShipHero provides a restful API you use to create and manage orders and products with the available. Learn more about using the Shiphero API.
Tip: Once you enable ShipHero to manage your inventory, whenever SKU quantities are updated in ShipHero it will be reflected across all of your connected sales channels. ShipHero does not create product listings on your sales channels. Your sales channel is the best place to manage how your products are listed and viewed by customers.
- Connect your Shopify store.
- Connect your BigCommerce store.
- Connect your WooCommerce store
- Connect your Walmart store
- Connect your Amazon store
- Connect your eBay store.
- Connect your Etsy store
Tip: ShipHero allows Shopify stores with connected Shopify POS (Point Of Sales) devices to be directly connected.
Learn more about connecting your Shopify POS.
Step 4: Setup your shipping options
Once an order is picked and packed the packer will complete the order by printing the shipping label. ShipHero will use your available shipping carriers to set the method and optimal shipping options based on when the customer is expecting the order and the order package(s).
Tip: Every order shipping address is validated using the USPS Address validator to help avoid incomplete or invalid shipping addresses.
Learn how Address Validation Works
1. Connect your shipping carrier(s)
- Connect your Ascendia account
- Connect your Aussie Post account
- Connect your Canada Post account
- Connect your DHL eCommerce account
- Connect your Endicia (USPS) account
- Connect your FedEx account
- Connect your Firstmile account
- Connect your Globegistics account
- Connect your Royal Mail account
- Connect your UPS account
2. Map your shipping methods
You can map your available shipping methods (the shipping options available for your customers when placing an order) to automatically choose a default shipping carrier, saving time and money when shipping your orders.
Step 5: Setup your printers & scales
ShipHero allows you to configure your printer(s) and scale(s) to be shared and used for printing shipping label and invoices.
Step 6: Download mobile apps
If you are going to use mobile apps for picking and packing, you will need to install the ShipHero app available for iPad and iPhone / iPod Touch devices.
Step 7: Setup automation rules
Automation rules are actions that you can set based on any set of matching conditions on an order. This is designed to speed up your operations, while at the same time creating workflows to help manage your order fulfillment process.
Simple examples of automation rules include sending an email if an order has specific SKUs, or to set a shipping method based on matching zip codes.
Not started using ShipHero yet? You can go ahead and get started now.
If you just want to learn more about how ShipHero may be able to help solve your challenges, you can schedule a free call with our solutions team.