A FedEx Meter Number is used by Fedex to identify your negotiated shipping rates and your tracking requests.
To find your Fedex Meter Number:
- Go to the Fedex Developer login page.
- Insert your FedEx User ID and Password. Then click the “I want to” drop down and select “Web Services for Shipping” before clicking Login.
- Once you’re logged in, you’ll see Fedex Web Services on the left side of your screen. Select Move to Production.
- Towards the middle of the page, you will see a link “Get Production Key”. Click it, and for the first three questions you will want the following answers.
- Do you intend to resell your software? No.
- Check the box next to the types of FedEx web services you want to use in your integration solution: FedEx Web Services for Shipping (includes Rate, Track, etc.)
- Indicate whether you are developing your FedEx integration solution as a Corporate Developer or as a Consultant. The answer is likely “Corporate Developer”.
- Please accept the terms.
- Fill out the company information required in the field. Then click Continue.
- Check the box to update your profile settings or leave it unchecked. Then click Continue.
- The last page should be titled Fedex Web Services Production Access Confirmation and will provide your Authentication Key and FedEx Meter Number.