ShipHero works with Socket Mobile barcode scanners, specifically the 7Ci, 7Pi and 8Ci.
First, scan this barcode to put your scanner in iOS mode. Scan from an iPad or Retina screen. You may be unable to scan from other screens. The scanner will beep 3 times if scanned successfully.
The scanner must be in iOS to work with ShipHero.
On your iPad or iPod connect your scanner by going to the Bluetooth Section under settings.
If you have any trouble, refer to the socket mobile manual for set up. If you do not have the manual you can find full documentation for setting up the scanner on Socket Mobile’s site
Login to ShipHero and go the menu by clicking the 3 red lines in the upper left corner
Then click Settings in the bottom left.
If the scanner is connected you will see that it shows it connected in the Bluetooth Barcode scanner line.
You will now be able to scan items in every section of the ShipHero app.
If the keyboard refuses to popup when you’re in the app it means the Socket Mobile is in HID mode. Use the manual and scan the control barcode to switch to iOS mode. Or scan the below barcode from an iPad or Retina screen. You may be unable to scan from other screens. The scanner will beep 3 times we scanned successfully.
If you are unable to connect the scanner to ShipHero, and have already reviewed the Socket Mobile Manual, you can try following these steps.
1) Go to bluetooth on the iPad, and “forget” the scanner
2) Then turn off bluetooth on the iPad
3) Press the “scan” then “power” button on the scanner and hold them down simultaneously for a few seconds. The scanner should shut down with 3 beeps.
4) Turn the scanner back on, and try scanning the above iOs barcode.
5) If you hear the 3 beeps after scanning the ios barcode, then try turning bluetooth back on the iPad, and connect the scanner to bluetooth