Below is a list of the hardware needed for ShipHero along with some recommendations:
- Mobile Device
- iPad – any version 2 or later. iPad Mini 2 (16 GB, WiFi only) is a great choice.
- iPhone – 4S or newer or recent generation iPod touch.
- Computer – PC (Windows 7 or later) or Mac. You generally will not interact with this computer, it’s just how we connect to the printers and scale.
- Thermal label printer – Dymo 4XL or something like the Zebra GK420d.
- Invoice printer – any standard paper printer.
- Scale – USB Scale. We support most USB scales including the Mettler Toledo and Dymo ones.
- Bluetooth Scanner – We only integrate with the Socket Mobile scanners. You can see their line at http://www.socketmobile.
com/ or on Amazon. The 7CI is a popular one for the iPad and the 8Ci for the iPod/iPhone
- Barcode label printer (optional – if you want to print barcode labels). The most popular one is the Dymo 450, but any label printer will work.