What are User Groups?
Managing permissions for each individual user can get complicated and difficult to track and manage. ShipHero solves this problem with the use of User Groups
By creating, and managing permissions in a User Group, you can quickly assign sets of permissions to your users. Typically, users are grouped into functions, for example, Picker Group, Packer Group, Accounting Group and Admin Group. You can, of course, create your own set of User Groups that work for your organization.
Creating a User Group
- Navigate to My Account > Group
- Click "Add Group"
- Enter a group name
- Select the desired permissions for each ShipHero feature, these are organized by "All, Create, Read, Update and Delete"
- Save changes
- Now that you've created the group, assign your desired users to that group
Assign a User to a User Group
- Using the top navigation menu, click My Account and then click Users
- Select the user you want to edit
- Select from the available User Groups you want to assign the user.
- Click Save
Not started using ShipHero yet? You can go ahead and get started now.
If you just want to learn more about how ShipHero may be able to help solve your challenges, you can schedule a free call with our solutions team.