How To Update On Hand
Read: If you're looking to change many products at once, use this article that details how: How Do I Update On Hand for Many Products?
Dynamic Slotting: If you've enabled dynamic slotting, please skip to "Dynamic Slotting Updates" below.
Using Product List
- Using the top menu, click Inventory.
- Click on the "On Hand" value for the product you want to change.
- An Edit Inventory window should now be visible
- Specify the Change to inventory. For example, if you want to add 5 to the On Hand, enter the number 5. If you want to subtract 5, enter the number -5
- Enter the Reason for the change. This is stored in the inventory change log.
- Mark if the product has been counted in full, this will help Cycle Counting (if enabled) prioritize which products to include for counting.
- Click Update.
You can edit the product and make changes to On Hand on the product details view.
- Once in the product details view, click the edit details pencil icon.
- An Edit Product window should now be visible.
- Update the On hand number. If you want On Hand to be 10, enter the number 10 in the On Hand field.
- Click Update.
- Product On Hand will now be updated to reflect the updated number you entered.
Updating On Hand Using the iPad
- Using the ShipHero iPad app, select Inventory from the main menu.
- Find a product by SKU, name or scan the barcode.
- Left swipe to reveal the options menu.
- Tap Edit Details.
- Change the On Hand value to the new On Hand. If you want to change the On Hand to 10, enter the number 10.
- Tap Update, the changes will be saved.
Use the API
Tip: Learn more about the ShipHero API Documentation
Dynamic Slotting Updates
If you use Dynamic Slotting, inventory changes also need to accurately be reflected in any given product locations. Changes to a product can only be done from the product detail view.
- Select the product you want to edit from the Products list.
- Click the Quantity number corresponding to the location for that product, enter the new On Hand amount. If you want to change the On Hand in Location A to 10, enter the number 10.
- Press Enter to update the On Hand.