Setting Items as Dropship Only
ShipHero provides features and tools to create and manage drop shipments, while also making it easier to send notifications to your vendors.
Best Practices: ShipHero Guide to Drop Shipping
Reasons to Set Products Dropship Only
- This will help you streamline products that are drop ship only, and not actually in your warehouse or distribution center.
- Dropship only products will not appear in order details used by pickers and packers. This avoids any confusion in your fulfillment process.
- ShipHero will automatically figure out which products need to be picked and packed in your warehouse, even when in orders containing drop ship only products.
Setting a Product as Drop Ship Only
You have a few options for setting Drop Ship Only on your products.
Option 1: Edit Single Product
- Using the top menu, click Inventory, then click Products.
- Select the product you want to set as Drop Ship Only.
- Click the pencil icon to edit the Product details.
- The product details window will launch, scroll through options and check Dropship Only
- Click Update.
Using Bulk Edit
You can also use the available bulk edit feature if you want to set many products to drop ship only.
- Using the top menu, click Inventory, then click All Products.
- Filter the products you want to edit.
- Select the items you want to edit.
- Once you have selected the products you want to update, click Bulk Edit.
- Once the Bulk Edit window launches, scroll through options until you see is Dropship Only and check Yes.
- Click Process. The selected products will now be set as Dropship Only.
Using a CSV to Update Many Products
- Using the top menu, click to Inventory, then Bulk Edit.
- Follow the onscreen instructions for updating the Dropship Only setting.