How Does ShipHero Communicate with Shopify?
Understand what information syncs from ShipHero to Shopify and vice versa.
Do changes made in Shopify sync to ShipHero?
On app.shiphero.com, navigate to My Account > Stores. Click the ‘Settings’ button to view store settings.
Here you can enable settings to specify updates from Shopify to ShipHero:
- If an address changes on an order in Shopify, update that order in ShipHero to that address
- If the barcode for a product changes in Shopify, update that product in ShipHero to that barcode
- If the price for a product changes in Shopify, update that product in ShipHero to that price
- If the weight for a product changes in Shopify, update that product in ShipHero to that weight
- If an order is fulfilled in Shopify, update the order in ShipHero
- If a product has a Vendor in Shopify, create vendor in ShipHero
- If order has Customer Note in Shopify, sync into the Gift Note in ShipHero
- If a sku is changed in Shopify, it will update the product’s sku in ShipHero
- Each product must have a unique sku. Ensure this before connecting your store
- Inventory changes made in Shopify will never update in ShipHero
- If product has no sku, ShipHero will use the Shopify product ID as the sku
- If product does not have a barcode, ShipHero will incrementally generate a barcode
- If product name changes in Shopify, it will appear with updated name on new orders
- Product images will sync from Shopify to ShipHero
- If order is canceled in Shopify, it will cancel in ShipHero
Do changes made in ShipHero sync to Shopify?
My Account > Stores > Settings: Enable settings to specify updates from ShipHero to Shopify.
- If inventory is updated in ShipHero, update in Shopify (Have ShipHero Manage Shopify Inventory)
- If the barcode for a product changes in ShipHero, update that product in Shopify to that barcode
- If the sku for a product changes in ShipHero, update that product in Shopify to that sku
- If the weight for a product changes in ShipHero, update the weight in Shopify
- When an order ships in ShipHero, charge that order in Shopify
- If you cancel the whole order in ShipHero, it will cancel the order in Shopify
- If you cancel a line item on an order in ShipHero, it will not update the order in Shopify
- If you add products to an order in ShipHero, it will not add the products to the order in Shopify
- If you refund an order in ShipHero, Shopify will refund the customer's original payment method
How is inventory managed with multiple Shopify locations?
- ShipHero deducts backorders from total availability of the backordered item and pushes this information to all connected stores
- ShipHero pushes a negative available quantity instead of 0 to Shopify locations when there are backorders