Creating an Exchange Order
- On app.shiphero.com, navigate to Orders > Manage Orders.
- Click on the order you want to return to open the order page.
- While on the individual order page, click 'Return Order' in the 'Actions' section.
Once you've completed Step 1, proceed to Step 2 to complete the process.
- After clicking the 'Return Order' button, a new page appears displaying the return order. Select the checkbox next to the product(s) you wish to return.
- Choose the quantity to return by typing in the number, select the return reason and choose 'Exchange' as the return type from the respective dropdown menus. Optional: Input a note in the 'Notes' section if applicable. This will appear on the Returns > All Returns page in the 'Internal Notes' column which can be exported.
- A new search bar will appear. Type in the product sku that the customer wants to receive in exchange of the original item and input the quantity.
- Review 'Customer Information' section. This data is pulled from the original order.
- Review the' Shipping Info' section. Adjust the 'Weight' if applicable and select the 'Return Label Type'.
- Choose the Shipping Carrier and Method for the return label.
- In 'Return Options' area, select the warehouse you wish the product to be returned to and click 'Generate RMA.' Optional: Input a reason for return if applicable. Select the 'Do not email customer return label' if desired. By default, the return label is emailed to the customer email address inputted in the 'Customer Info' section.
Once you've generated the RMA, you will see an exchange order created on the original order page.
Once you've received the original item in the warehouse, click into the RMA and select 'Release Exchange'. This releases the order to the picking queue to be picked and shipped.